February 2014 Community Newsletter
NOTICE OF ANNUAL MEETING
All Lowe’s Farm Homeowners
February 10, 2014
Annual Homeowners Meeting
As managing agent for Lowe’s Farm Homeowner’s Association, we are pleased to invite you to the 2014 Annual Meeting to be held on Tuesday, March 18, 2015.
Please plan to attend:
: Tuesday, March 18, 2014
7:00 PM (6:30 Sign In)
Danny Jones Middle School
4500 E. Broad Street, Mansfield, TX 76063
Thank you for your attention to this important function of your Homeowners Association. Should you have any questions regarding the Association, please contact FirstService Residential at (817) 380-7000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLINE VOTING NOW AVAILABLE!
1 - vote online by first registering at https://lowesfarm.ivotehoa.com
2 - View the "Voting Pamphlet" for candidate BIO's and other ballot Items
3 - Cast your vote!
Directed Proxy form for mail-in ballots and Nominee bio's
Directed Proxy for Election.doc LF Nominee Bios.doc
2014 Annual Meeting
Dear Lowe’s Farm HOA Members:
This year there will be (3) three Board positions coming up for renewal. Each of those positions is for a (2) two year term. At the 2014 Annual Meeting on March 18, 2014, an election will be conducted to fill the three positions. The new Board of Directors will then vote amongst themselves as to who will hold each position.
Any member in the association can be nominated for candidacy and you can also nominate yourself. Please submit your nominations by January 31, 2014. Those nominees will be contacted and given the opportunity to accept their nomination. The names of members who have accepted their nomination will be added to the ballot as official candidates. After the candidate bios are received; they will be included in the mailing for the annual meeting announcement and the voting proxies. We are very excited to announce that we will be offering online voting for all homeowners this year so more information regarding that process will be sent out as well.
You will find a nomination form linked here. Each homeowner may nominate up to three (3) members including yourself. There is one (1) nomination form per homeowner lot (household), and you must include your name and address on the form.
Please submit the attached form to the address or fax listed before January 31, 2014.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at 817-380-7005 or send me an e-mail to email@example.com
Thank you for your participation in Lowe’s Farm.
Lowe’s Farm HOA
Vacant Land Zoning Change - Updated 11-1-2013
The developer (“Sunbelt”) of this project requested a zoning change to the property and this request was recommended to be denied by the Planning and Zoning Commission (“P&Z”).
Sunbelt will present an amended development plan directly to the Mansfield City Council on Monday, November 11 for zoning change approval.
The Lowe’s Farm HOA board met with Sunbelt to obtain updated details of the proposed development as amended. Updated drawings are linked below for your review.
Your board wants to answer questions, review plans,
and gather input from all homeowners at a special meeting next Tuesday, November 5 at 6:30pm at the neighborhood pool and amenity center.
The board wants and needs your continued input on this project.
As it stands today, the following is the assessment of the drawbacks and advantages of the project as proposed.
Drawbacks of the development:
1) Potential to reduce adjacent homeowner property values. It is unclear what (if any) negative impact to property values may occur but Westridge homeowners would be most affected.
2) Access and security risks. Sunbelt will have management living on-site, 24 hour monitored video surveillance, no access from 10pm-6am.
3) Project uses land that could be used for grocery or restaurants. Hwy 360 main lane construction will bring more people and business to Mansfield.
4) Development will occur in two phases. Majority of landscape screening from Woodcrest will not be installed until Phase 2 is built at a later date. If Phase 2 never develops, landscaping screening will never be provided.
Potential advantages of the development:
1) Low-traffic usage with an average of 20-30 cars per day. Low traffic means less non-residents driving thru Lowe’s Farm.
2) The connector road between Woodcrest and Broad Street will be built as part of this project. This will alleviate traffic from the apartments and other thru traffic cutting through Lowe’s Farm neighborhood to access Broad Street .
3) Known development that the HOA can impact. Property is currently zoned C2 and there are many types of business uses under that designation. HOA has no ability to impact design of any business that build under C2.
4) Facilitates development of idle property. Current owner has been marketing the property for 5-10 years with no success.
5) Development is low-rise and would be built below grade of Lowe’s Farm neighborhood. Westridge homeowners should not see buildings from their back yards.
If you are unable to attend the HOA meeting on Tuesday, November 5 or the City Council meeting on
Monday, November 11, please feel free to respond directly to this email with your comments. The board will represent the views expressed by the homeowners at the council meeting.
Lowe's Farm has joined the NextDoor network
Join thousands of your neighbors in Mira Lagos, Grand Peninsula, Southwind, Waterford Park and others. Accounts are free and the service can be used to list classifieds, to
discuss topics about our communities and to plan events or socialize!
Starting August 21, LOWE'S FARM PARKWAY will be closed for a few weeks on one side.
Traffic will be routed through the other side of the parkway (two-way traffic rather than one-way).
Also, Volk Lane will be temporarily closed for a few hours for the installation of storm drains.
David Boski - Transportation Engineer - City of Mansfield
For updated progress reports, detour information and school-access plans, please visit the
City of Mansfield Facebook page
2013 Annual Meeting - Recap and Minutes
We are pleased to announce your 2013 Board of Directors:
- President - Ginnie Bucek
- Vice President – Paul Blevins
- Treasurer – Robert Smith
- Secretary – Erika Uggen
- Member at Large – Chris Hamilton
The Lowe's Farm HOA Meeting Recap and Meeting Minutes have been uploaded to the website. Previous meetings and documents can be found under the "Forms and Reports" menu on the left.
Pool Season is almost here!
Please fill out the attached Pool Pass Agreement and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
If you currently have a pool card, you will keep your current pool card a new one will not be issued, however your pool card access will not be turned on until you return your completed form. Please take the time to fill it out and return it today!
2013 Pool Pass Agreement
Please note everyone will need their pool access cards reactivated to attend the Dive-In Movie scheduled for April 13 and for the pool season May 1 - Sept. 29.
Community Newsletters have been added to the site
Our seasonal-newsletter archive has been started on the website.
The Winter 2013 Community Newsletter has been uploaded to the website.
Please visit the Forms and Reports section of the website to download current and some past Newsletters
Calling All Party People!
The Homeowner Association is urgently seeking someone that would be interested in Chairing the Social Committee.
The Social Committee organizes and plans all our social events such as season-opening Pool Party, 4th of July events, Fall Party, Holiday with Santa and any other ideas such as movie nights at the Pool etc.
If this position does not get filled it’s possible we won’t hold those events this year.
Anyone interested in helping the community by joining this committee should contact us: email@example.com