News & Info
Pool & Amenity Center
Master Plan
Board of Directors
Forms, Docs, Reports
Committee Info
Contact Us

Join our Mailing List
Click above or send an email to webmaster@lowesfarmhoa.com to receive notifications via email about Lowe's Farm community events, alerts and happenings.
(Your email address will be kept confidential and will not be sold or forwarded to any 3rd-parties)

Find us on Facebook Join us on Facebook to interact with other homeowners, read about upcoming events and get involved with your community!

Join thousands of your neighbors in the surrounding communities to list classifieds, discuss topics, plan events or simply socialize!

General Questions
(as submitted by homeowners). Email your questions to the HOA.

I am new to the neighborhood.  What should I do?

You can contact FirstService Residential at (817) 380-7000 to get your pool access card and welcome packet.   Make sure you review and understand the Lowe's Farm HOA CCRs.  Consider volunteering for one of our committees.  Sign up for the City of Mansfield's Code Red Emergency Notification System.

I am selling my home in Lowe's Farm.  What should I do?

All homeowner-to-homeowner and builder-to-homeowner property transfers require a resale certificate.  Please contact the Management Company during office hours or email resales.tx@fsresidential.com.

I want to Re-Roof my home, what do I need to do before I start?

Information on what you need to do before you re-roof your home can be found here

Where can I get information on oil and gas leases for Lowe's Farm?

Information on the oil and gas lease project can be found here.

Can I have a garage sale?

Mansfield City Ordinance requires garage sales be approved by and receive a permit from the City Hall. This information can be found on-line at Mansfield City Website. Lowe's Farm HOA requires garage sale signs to have the City of Mansfield permit sticker on them and that the signs not be placed on private property unless the homeowner’s permission is granted. Garage sale signs in HOA common areas cannot be attached to trees, traffic signs and/or street light poles, buildings or brick walls/fences. If the garage sale is a multiple-day event, please remove signs each evening so they do not stay out all night. The HOA reserves the right to limit and/or remove signage in the HOA common areas. The HOA social committee organizes a community-wide neighborhood garage sale each spring and fall.

What is Phase 1 and Phase 2 of Lowe's Farm?

Phase 1 is the original portion of Lowe’s Farm. It includes all homes between East Broad Street and Woodcrest Lane, includes homes on both sides of Woodcrest Lane. The development and building of these homes began in 2002. Phase 2 is the second and final portion of Lowe’s Farm. It construction began in 2005. Phase 2 includes all homes north and west of Woodcrest Lane, excluding the homes on Woodcrest Lane.

What is the significance of the fenced oak tree at the amenity center?

The old oak tree is registered with preservation societies and is the only remaining tree from the original Lowe's Farm homestead.    The tree was struck by lightning in the past couple of years.   It is currently under the care of a certified arborist.   While its prognosis is not promising, the HOA has tried to protect the tree and extend its life by fencing it and installing a counterweight cable system to help distribute the weight of its upward limbs.

How do I update my mailing address?

You can notify us of a mailing address or phone number change by contacting the Management company. Contact information is provided here.

How can I contact the management company?

Contact information for the Management Company can be found here.

What is the Homeowners Association Purpose?

Purpose of the Association
          - City usually requires HOA when the community owns common property, amenity center
          - Protect/increase the community property values
          - Create cohesive community

What is the Role of the Board of Directors?

The HOA is a legal, non profit corporation in the State of Texas, and officers of the corporation are members of the Board of Directors.   Members are elected to the Board by the overall HOA membership annually.  The primary responsibility of the board is to enforce the provisions of the CCRs and everything that goes along with that task including but not limited to collecting assessments, enforcing penalties for non payment of assessments and fines up to and including legal proceedings, management of HOA common areas, and the preparation and facilitation of the HOA budget.   The board my retrain the services of a professional management company to help operate and manage the association.

How often does the Board meet and are the meetings open to the membership?

The Board of Directors typically meets monthly.  Board meetings with the exception of Executive Sessions are open to the membership.

What is the Management Company role and responsibilities?

Accounting department:
- Process payables and receivables\Collections
- Prepare financial reports             
- Attorney referral
- Tax filings

- Realtor inquires
- Process closings/transfer of ownership
- Welcome packages
- Maintain database – names and addresses of owners,
  keeper of all records for the association
- Homeowner communications, i.e. newsletters, website,
  & meeting notices

Association Manager:
- Agent for the Board of Directors
- On call 24/7 – Pool or irrigation emergency number
   contact the Management Company
- Drive property to maintain compliance to deed
- Homeowners inquires
- Process ACC requests and present to ACC committee for
- Acquire and monitor insurance
- Schedule, facilitate and attend meetings
- Assist committees in achieving its goals and objectives.

What is the Role of Committees?

The committees are the backbone to the community and provide strong support to the board.  The committees serve to the pleasure of the Board of Directors in representing the member’s needs.   The committee members meet regularly to discuss matters of interest and participating in the following;
(1) be active in the community’s area development,
(2) organize social events,
(3) instrumental in steering public interest in security and safety,
(4) recognizing members landscaping,
(5) assisting the association manager in review of the community’s landscaping and
(6) provide amenity / pool security and compliance to the rules. 

During the regular scheduled meetings during the year, the committees will discuss their objectives and results.  The Chairpersons meet quarterly and report on each committee actives.  A committee interest form is in this packet and I encourage you to fill out a form and return to me or a committee chairperson. 

What are the deed restrictions?

The Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (aka CCR or Deed Restrictions) are a legal contract between our neighbors and ourselves which “are for the purpose of establishing a general scheme for the development of the Property and for the purpose of enhancing and protecting the value, attractiveness and desirability of lots within the property” and “and are binding on all parties having or acquiring any right, title, or interest in the property or any part thereof”.

Where can I get a copy of my deed restrictions?

A copy of the Deed Restrictions for your property should have been provided during the closing process when you purchased your home. If not or if it has been misplaced, a copy can be obtained from your Association Manager.

Who oversees homeowner compliance with our deed restrictions?

The Board of Directors of the Association administrates and has the authority for the enforcement the compliance of the community Deed Restrictions. The Architectural Control Committee (ACC) along with each homeowner share responsibility for ensuring compliance. The ACC is a committee of who volunteer their time to the purpose of ensuring the continuing quality of our neighborhood. The quality and value of the community is much of the reason that most of us bought our homes here. The purpose of the ACC is to help guide homeowners to stay within their deed restrictions when they want to make changes to the outward appearance of their home and/or property. The Board of Directors engages an Association Management firm to assist the Homeowner Association with the administration of the Association and provisions of the deed restrictions.  The Association Manager is instrumental in providing expertise in the operation of the association and assistance to its members in maintaining compliance or implementing solutions.

How do I know if I need ACC approval for my project?

The simplest answer is to read your copy of the Deed Restrictions. However, for most of us, that is easier SAID than DONE. Our Deed Restrictions are full of legal wording and have bits and pieces of important information scattered throughout.  Occasionally, clarifications will be published in the Newsletter or call your Association Manager.  Any change to the exterior of your house and/or land is probably subject to ACC review and approval prior to the change. One thing you never have to worry about is having your request rejected as unnecessary.  If you take the time to prepare and submit a request, the ACC will take the time to review and respond to it. REMEMBER, if a member of the Association makes an improvement to the exterior of their property without obtaining the ACC approval is a serious violation of the CCRs.  The Board of Directors is required by the Association By-Laws and CCRs to enforce the remedy of the violation.

  1. Fence staining – restricted colors
  3. Planting trees in front or back yard.   Additional flowerbeds
  5. Flowerbed and tree well landscape borders
  7. Lawn ornaments.
  9. Children play equipment or basketball goals.
  11. Storage Sheds  Maximum height 6 feet, Maximum
  13. Patio Covers or increase size of concrete patio
  15. Room add on or enclosed sunrooms
  17. Any exterior improvement that has public view
  19. Change exterior paint color and roof shingles color or design

How does a homeowner make a request to the ACC?

All requests must be submitted on a Property Modification Approval Request Form to our Association Manager at Premier Communities Management Co.  A copy of the Property Modification Approval Request Form is available through newsletters or requesting a copy by calling or emailing the Association Manager. Please complete the form in it’s entirety as it applies to your improvement project; and remember there is no such thing as too much information. The more information included, the more likely your project can be approved in a timely manner.

How often does the ACC meet? 

The ACC will meet to review property modification request in accordance with the requirements set forth within the deed restrictions, or the ACC may meet more often to accommodate the needs of its members.

What happens at the meetings?

A typical meeting will cover all requests that are received by the Management Company since the previous meeting. Each request is reviewed and deed restrictions are researched if necessary, and a vote is taken and recorded. The Association Manager will send a letter to the homeowner containing the disposition of their request. It will contain one of five possible dispositions with the reason(s) stated: approved, approved with conditions, disapproved, disapproved for additional details, or disapproved for research/inspection.  All ACC requests and the dispositions are maintained in permanent records of the Association related to your property.

How does a homeowner make a request to the ACC?

All requests must be submitted on a Property Modification Approval Request Form to our Association Manager at the Management Company.   Please complete the form in it’s entirety as it applies to your improvement project; and remember there is no such thing as too much information. The more information included, the more likely your project can be approved in a timely manner.

How can I report a CCR violation to the HOA?

You can report a violation of the Lowe's Farm CCRs by contacting the Management company.

How can I report an irrigation or landscaping problem?

Call the emergency number at the Management Company.  Remember to leave your name, return telephone number, type of problem and location, and time.  You will receive a return call confirming the reported emergency.

I am a vendor.  How can I do business with the Lowe's Farm Homeowner's Association ?

Please refer to the Management Company section of this website for current contact information.

How can I get in touch with the Management Company or the association manager?

Please refer to the Management Company section of this website for current contact information.